Note: Because of visibility of the eclipse in certain part of the world, our grihya sutras advises that it needs to be performed on bhadrapada purnima instead of shravana punima.
Please check with your mutt on advise. Those who believe that it shouldn'be done the date for them is Sept 3 in Hawaii/PST, and Sept 4th for the rest of the world. The following times
are specified for who interpret that eclipse don't apply to subsequent upakarma but to first upakarma only. However each muttam interprets it's own ways.
We have interpreted as per Dharmasindhu, and Nirnaysindhu.
- Dharmasindhu, Nirnaysindhu way
- Alaska, Hawaii, PST time zone:September 3rd 2009
- Rest of world:September 4th 2009
- Those who believe eclipse doesn't corrupt subsequent upakarmas only first
- USA, Canada, Europe, Africa, Gulf Countries, India, Srilanka, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam:August 5th 2009
- Shangai, Hongkong, Yiwu(Zhejiang), Philippines, Japan, Australia, Newzeland, Fiji:August 6th 2009